Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Gentrification and Valparaiso

Dear Matt,

I know you think I know nothing about geography, but remember how I took all of those geo classes back at Valpo? We've talked about this before. They were some of my favorite classes!

I don't have too many thoughts on your topic of gentrification and its effects on Valparaiso, IN, but I do know this: it's going to cause less and less African Americans to live there. And therefore, since you already only have one friend who is black, you'll continue to still only have one friend who is black. And your children who will grow up in Valparaiso, IN or Morgan Township, IN will be the same.

Since you will some day run for mayor of Valparaiso, I suggest you change this. If you keep pushing poorer families to Hammond and Gary, IN they will be losing out on potential opportunities for a solid career.

Just ... listen to me. I'll run your campaign.


-Toot


Dear Harold,

Gentrification: The reason I will have to travel outside of Valpo to meet my husband.

-Baby Clark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How come no one has commented on the fact Meghan just said that? C'mon, that's hilarious. And very true.