Monday, February 4, 2008

Reddi Wip Vs. Cool Whip

Dear Becky,

Since you came the closest to asking a question, and nothing I'm doing at work is keeping me awake, I figured I should explain to you the one major difference between Reddi Wip and Cool Whip.

We all know that Valentine's Day is coming up. Right? February 14. I purchased some heart-shaped molds to make pancakes in just for the occasion, and if I'm feeling frisky, I might also purchase some Reddi Wip to drizzle on top. Notice I didn't say Cool Whip. Reddi Wip is best on foods. Cool Whip is best on people.

Have you ever tried squirting Reddi Wip on someone (especially if they are standing)? It doesn't stay; it's a much heavier consistency than Cool Whip. So I suggest, if you are wondering since V-Day is fast approaching, that you purchase both a container of Cool Whip and Reddi Wip. You just don't know what you might need it for.

-Toot



Dear Becky,

Unlike Toot, I prefer Reddi Wip to Cool Whip in any situation. For me, it's all about taste. The heavier consistency of Cool Whip is not what I'm looking for in a dessert topping. It doesn't matter if the dessert in question is a strawberry or someone else's body.

Reddi Wip wins style points, too. I don't think you can easily make a heart shape on your roommate's chest with cool whip from a tub, can you? Nope. For that, you need the aerosol can.

The only down side to Reddi Wip is the unmistakable noise the product makes when it comes out of the can. I guess if you're trying to be discrete about your use of dessert toppings in a room other than the kitchen, you may want to opt for the Cool Whip. Less noise. Less chance that your neighbors will think you're a freak in the bed.

-Baby Clark

P.S. Our lactose intolerant readers may want to try this new product for their Valentine celebration.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would also like to add that Reddi Wip not only melts rather quickly when it hits the skin, but it also leaves a stench on the body that is rather difficult to get rid of, even after a few showers.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jill, you can't hide from me..

Anonymous said...

This is going to be good because not only do we disagree, we both had competing arguments. I said I liked Reddi Wip for food and BC said I didn't prefer it. I also said R. Wip had a heavier consistency, and BC said Cool Whip had a heavier consistency.

See, this is why you need advice from us. Just to make you more confused than before you came!